Full course description
Market Gardening: Warm-Season Vegetable Production Online Course Overview
Interested in growing warm-season vegetables for market? Enroll in the OSU Extension Warm-Season Vegetables online course to learn best practices for the production of key warm-season vegetable crops. This self-paced, interactive course includes information on crop establishment, fertility, pests, harvest, and more.
Both novice and experienced growers are welcome to enroll.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize different groups of warm-season vegetable crops.
- List the key attributes of the members of a crop group.
- Describe methods of establishing different warm-season vegetable crops.
- Summarize best practices for managing soil fertility for groups of crops.
- Explain when and how to irrigate.
- Identify different types of pests that may attack a crop.
You can work on this course any time, 24/7 for up to 60 days. You will watch videos, engage in learning activities and take quizzes. The course is divided into eight modules, which can be completed at your own pace. Each module should take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete.
To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn at least 80% on all assessments. A certificate will be available to download after the course is completed.
Total Time Estimate: 5 hours
- Introduction to Warm-season Vegetables
- Sweet Corn
- Sweet Potato
- For the best viewing experience, use the Google Chrome browser.
- First-time users will need to respond to a confirmation email from Canvas Catalog.
- If you miss the email, resetting your password will also work.
- When logging in, use the Public Login option (unless you have OKey credentials.)
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.