Full course description
Market Gardening: Cool-Season Vegetable Production
This is the second course in the Oklahoma Market Gardening School. This self-paced e-learning course will introduce you to the basic concepts needed to become successful at producing cool-season vegetable crops.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize different groups of cool-season vegetable crops.
- List the key attributes of the members of a crop group.
- Describe at least two methods of establishing cool-season vegetable crops.
- Describe the management of soil fertility for each crop group.
- Describe when and how to irrigate.
- Identify different types of pests that may attack a crop.
- Describe harvest methods and post-harvest storage conditions.
You can work on this course any time, 24/7 for up to 60 days. You will read curated content, watch videos, engage in learning activities and take quizzes. The course is divided into five modules, which can be completed at your own pace. Each module should take approximately 45 minutes to complete.
To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn at least 80% on all assessments. A certificate will be available to download after the course is completed.
Total Time Estimate: 4 hours
- Introduction to Cool-Season Crops
- Cool-Season Leafy Greens
- Cole Crops
- Cool-Season Root Crops
- Allium Crops
- For the best viewing experience, use the Google Chrome browser.
- First-time users will need to respond to a confirmation email from Canvas Catalog.
- When logging in, use the Public Login option (unless you have OKey credentials.)
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.