Full course description
Evaluating Conformation Online Course Overview
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Determine what creates a well-balanced horse.
- Identify what aspects of structure impact a horse's performance
- List the specific areas to evaluate muscle
- Describe what characteristics create high quality in a horse
- Compare how structure impacts how a horse travels or moves
You can work on this course any time, 24/7 for up to 120 days. You will watch videos, engage in learning activities and take quizzes. The course is divided into five modules, which can be completed at your own pace. Each module should take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn at least 80% on all assessments. A certificate will be available to download after the course is completed.
Total Time Estimate: 3 hours
- Assessing Equine Conformation: Balance
- Assessing Equine Conformation: Structure
- Assessing Equine Conformation: Muscling
- Assessing Equine Conformation: Quality, Breed, and Sex Characteristics
- Assessing Equine Conformation: Tracking
- For the best viewing experience, use the Google Chrome browser.
- First-time users will need to respond to a confirmation email from Canvas Catalog.
- If you miss the email, resetting your password will also work.
- When logging in, use the Public Login option (unless you have OKey credentials.)
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.