Full course description
Agronomy 102 Online Course Overview
Interested in learning about plants? Looking to lay a foundation for more advanced agronomy topics? Enroll in the OSU Extension Agronomy 102 online course to learn about plant components and functions. This self-paced, interactive course will also give you an introduction to the taxonomic classification of plants.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify different types of roots and their functions.
- Accurately label all parts of a plant.
- Know the components of the different types of flowers.
- Know basic knowledge of plant families and how they are organized.
You can work on this course any time, 24/7 for up to 120 days. You will watch videos, engage in learning activities and take quizzes. The course is divided into four modules, which can be completed at your own pace. Each module should take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn at least 80% on all assessments. A certificate will be available to download after the course is completed.
Total Time Estimate: 2 hours
- The Root System
- The Shoot System
- Plant Families
- For the best viewing experience, use the Google Chrome browser.
- First-time users will need to respond to a confirmation email from Canvas Catalog.
- When logging in, use the Public Login option (unless you have OKey credentials.)
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.