Full course description
Agronomy 101 Course Overview
Enroll in this self-paced online introductory crop science course to learn basic crop science principles, including crop uses, flower structures, and monocots versus dicots. The course features interactive learning activities and custom videos.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between monocots and dicots.
- Identify and differentiate inflorescence types.
- Identify and differentiate different plant families.
You can work on this course any time, 24/7 for up to 120 days. You will watch videos, engage in learning activities and take quizzes. The course is divided into four modules, which can be completed at your own pace. Each module should take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn at least 80% on all assessments. A certificate will be available to download after the course is completed.
Total Time Estimate: 2 hours
- Plant Categorization
- Monocots and Dicots
- Inflorescence Parts
- Inflorescence Structures
- For the best viewing experience, use the Google Chrome browser.
- First-time users will need to respond to a confirmation email from Canvas Catalog.
- When logging in, use the Outreach Login option (unless you have OKey credentials.)
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.