Welcome to OSU Extension is a Course
Welcome to OSU Extension
Time limit: 30 days
Full course description
- Chrome is the preferred browser.
- Use the OKey Login box to log in.
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.
Welcome to OSU Extension is designed for new OSU Extension employees to introduce them to the agency.
- 90 minutes total
- The course is divided into 4 modules which can be completed at your own pace.
- Each module should take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, you will be able to
- Recognize the individuals who give leadership to OSU Extension and the organizational structure.
- Recall the three arms of the Land-Grant University System.
- Identify the legislation that established the land-grant and cooperative extension systems.
- Recognize the important milestones of OSU Extension history.
- Identify the types of programs in each program area.
- Recognize the acronyms of Cooperative Extension and OSU.
- Use the principles of the Extension Workers' Creed.
This is an asynchronous, self-paced, course. You will watch videos, engage in interactive learning activities, and take a quiz.
- Greetings from the Leadership
- Exploring our History
- Extension Programs Overview
- The Extension Professional's Creed
Completing the Course
- To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn 80% on the course assessment.
- You must submit the Course Evaluation.
- Once you have completed the course, you can print a certificate of completion.