Quicken for Farm & Ranch Financial Record Keeping (Staff)
Time limit: 60 days
Full course description
Quicken Online Course Overview
This course leads you through hands-on sessions to develop a simple set of financial records and reports using Quicken. Exercises based on scenarios from a case farm allow you to practice many of the steps that you might use to keep records on your farm or ranch.
To get the most out of the course, we recommend that you install a copy of Quicken Deluxe on your computer. Instructions are provided in Module One.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain why Quicken can be a useful program for producers.
- Define key Quicken terms and symbols.
- Demonstrate how to set up accounts, categories and tags in Quicken.
- Demonstrate how to enter the four basic transactions.
- Demonstrate how to create financial reports in Quicken.
You can work on this course any time, 24/7 for up to 60 days. You will watch videos, engage in learning activities and take quizzes. The course is divided into seven modules which can be completed at your own pace. Each module should take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn at least 80% on all assessments. A certificate will be available to download after the course is completed.
Total Time Estimate: 4 hours
- Quicken Preview
- Files and Accounts
- For the best experience, use the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari.
- Use the OKey Login box to log in.
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.
- The public version of this course is available on the OSU Extension Catalog.