Livestock Risk Protection (Staff)
Time limit: 30 days
Full course description
Livestock Risk Protection Online Course Overview
This course will take a detailed look at the USDA - Risk Management Agency's Livestock Risk Protection (LRP) insurance program which is specifically designed to protect producers from falling market prices. This course will focus on the use of this product as it relates to cattle producers.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain how LRP can provide price protection for beef cattle producers.
- Identify the key considerations for using and understanding LRP coverage.
- Discuss the options and terminology associated with LRP choices.
- Describe how LRP values are calculated and how they interact with our physical markets.
- Show how LRP coverage works with our marketing plans.
- Look deeper into LRP by locating additional resources.
You can work on this course any time, 24/7 for up to 30 days. You will engage in learning activities and take quizzes. The course is divided into five modules which can be completed at your own pace. Each module should take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn at least 80% on all assessments. A certificate will be available to download after the course is completed.
Total Time Estimate: 2 hours
- What is Livestock Risk Protection (LRP)?
- How would I implement LRP?
- How is the Actual Ending Value calculated?
- How does our LRP policy merge with the local marketing of our calves?
- LRP Additional Resources and Review
- For the best viewing experience, use the Google Chrome browser.
- Use the OKey Login box to log in.
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.
- The public version of this course is available on the OSU Extension Catalog.