Full course description
Introduction to Horse Management Online Course Overview
Many first-time horse owners may know very little concerning the optimal health and management of the horse. This self-paced online course will provide owners with key information on four essential elements of horse ownership. The course features interactive learning activities
Both novice and experienced horse enthusiasts are welcome to enroll.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Determine the body condition score of your horse
- Identify and utilize the most accurate method of weighing your horse
- Recognize normal and abnormal health indicators of the horse
- Describe the basic behaviors and senses of the horse and how that may impact their handling and care
You can work on this course any time, 24/7 for up to 60 days. You will watch videos, engage in learning activities and take quizzes. The course is divided into four modules, which can be completed at your own pace. Each module should take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete.
To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn at least 80% on all assessments. A certificate will be available to download after the course is completed.
Total Time Estimate: 4 hours
- Body Condition Scoring in Horses
- Determining Weight in Horses
- Equine Health Assessment
- Equine Behavior