Full course description
Introduction to Beekeeping Online Course Overview
This course is designed to help prepare you with the basics of beekeeping.
Both novice and experienced beekeepers are welcome to enroll online.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Use basic beekeeping terminology.
- Identify the types of bees, hive structures and behavior, and the bee lifecycle.
- Explain how to prepare for your bees, and know your options for obtaining bees.
- Recognize how to complete budgets and identify the basic equipment needed and costs.
- List the components of a hive inspection.
- Identify and respond to hive diseases and pests.
- Identify and understand how to remedy queen issues.
- Identify the steps for harvesting honey.
- Describe regulations and rules surrounding beekeeping.
You can work on this course any time, 24/7 for up to 120 days. You will watch videos, engage in learning activities and take quizzes. The course is divided into nine modules, which can be completed at your own pace. Each module should take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn at least 80% on all assessments. A certificate will be available to download after the course is completed.
Total Time Estimate: 4 hours
- Introduction to Bees
- Populating Your Hive
- Setting Up Your Hive and Basic Equipment
- Legislative Notes
- Hive Inspection
- Pests and Disease
- Queen and Population Issues
- Honey Harvest