Full course description
Evaluating Conformation: How a Horse's Form Affects Its Function (Educators)
This self-paced online course will provide key information on the essential elements of assessing horse conformation.
- Chrome is the preferred browser.
- Use the OKey Login box to log in.
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.
- 2 hours total.
- The course is divided into 5 modules which can be completed at your own pace.
- Each module should take approximately 10-30 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Determine what creates a well-balanced horse.
- Identify what aspects of structure impact a horse's performance
- List the specific areas to evaluate muscle
- Describe what characteristics create high quality in a horse
- Compare how structure impacts how a horse travels or moves
This is an asynchronous, self-paced course. You will watch videos, engage in learning activities, and take quizzes.
- Assessing Equine Conformation: Balance
- Assessing Equine Conformation: Structure
- Assessing Equine Conformation: Muscling
- Assessing Equine Conformation: Quality, Breed, and Sex Characteristics
- Assessing Equine Conformation: Tracking
Completing the Course
- To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn 80% on the assessments.
- Once you have completed the course, you can print a certificate of completion.