Full course description
Plant Diseases Online Course Overview
All Oklahomans have to deal with arthropod, weed, and plant disease pests. This self-paced course provides an introduction to plant pathology. It features pre and post-tests, interactive learning activities and custom multimedia.
Please note that EPP Essentials - IPM is a prerequisite for this course..
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the difference between a biotic and abiotic plant disease.
- Name the most important plant pathogens and describe their key characteristics.
- Describe common symptoms caused by each type of plant pathogen.
- Explain how plant diseases are spread.
- Apply your knowledge of plant diseases to assist in identifying and controlling them.
You can work on this course any time, 24/7 for up to 60 days. You will watch videos, engage in learning activities and take quizzes. The course is divided into four modules, which can be completed at your own pace. Each module should take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn at least 80% on all assessments. A certificate will be available to download after the course is completed.
Total Time Estimate: 2 hours
- Introduction to Plant Diseases
- Development and Spread of Plant Diseases
- Management of Plant Diseases
- IPM and Disease Forecasting
- For the best viewing experience, use the current version of Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari.
- Use the OKey Login box to log in.
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.