Full course description
EPP Essentials: IPM Online Course Overview
All Oklahomans have to deal with arthropod, weed, and plant disease pests. This self-paced course is being offered to OSU Extension staff. It features interactive learning activities and custom multimedia.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the essentials of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and apply IPM tools to specific pest problems.
- Identify arthropod pests, plant diseases, and weeds and describe why it is important to properly identify them.
You can work on this course any time, 24/7 for up to 60 days. You will watch videos, engage in learning activities and take quizzes. The course is divided into four modules, which can be completed at your own pace. Each module should take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
To complete the course, you must access all pages, take the pre-assessment and earn 100% on the post-assessment. A certificate will be available to download after the course is completed.
Total Time Estimate: 2 hours
- Introduction to IPM
- What is a Pest?
- Economics of IPM
- For the best viewing experience, use the Google Chrome browser.
- Use the OKey Login box to log in.
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.
- The public version of this course is available on the OSU Extension Catalog.
- Two hours total
- The course is divided into 3 modules which can be completed at your own pace.
- Each module should take approximately 40 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, you will be able to
This is an asynchronous, self-paced, course. You will watch videos, engage in learning activities and take quizzes.
Completing the Course
- To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn 100% on the Post-test.
- Once you have completed the course, you can print a certificate of completion.