Full course description
Arthropods and Insects Online Course Overview
All Oklahomans have to deal with arthropod, weed, and plant disease pests. This self-paced course provides an introduction to arthropods and insects. It features pre and post-tests, interactive learning activities and custom multimedia.
Please note that EPP Essentials - IPM is a prerequisite for this course..
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of various classes of arthropods.
- Describe types of insect metamorphosis.
- Describe key characteristics of selected insect orders.
- Compare and contrast arthropod damage caused by different feeding types.
- Apply your knowledge of arthropod and insect pests to assist in identifying and controlling them.
You can work on this course any time, 24/7 for up to 60 days. You will watch videos, engage in learning activities and take quizzes. The course is divided into four modules, which can be completed at your own pace. Each module should take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn at least 80% on all assessments. A certificate will be available to download after the course is completed.
Total Time Estimate: 3 hours
- Introduction to Arthropods and Insects
- Insect Growth and Development
- Insect Orders
- Diagnosing Insect Damage
- For the best viewing experience, use the current version of Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari.
- Use the OKey Login box to log in.
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.