Core Competencies for OSU Extension
Time limit: 60 days
Full course description
Core Competencies for OSU Extension Course Overview
This self-paced course will review the importance of professional development and the core competencies model that reflect the essential knowledge and skills desired in Extension professionals.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define professional development
- Identify the benefits of professional development
- Recognize the core competencies for success model and how it applies to professional development
- Describe the three categories of competencies -- personal, interpersonal, and Extension
- Identify characteristics of the competencies in each of the three categories
- Recognize ways in which the core competencies are used in many aspects of Extension practices
- Develop an action plan for moving forward with professional development
You can work on this course any time, 24/7 for up to 60 days. You will watch videos, engage in learning activities and take quizzes. The course is divided into six modules which can be completed at your own pace. Each module should take 10-20 minutes to complete.
To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn at least 80% on all assessments. A certificate will be available to download after the course is completed.
Total Time Estimate: 2 hours
- Defining Professional Development
- Introduction to Core Competencies
- Personal Competencies
- Interpersonal Competencies
- Extension Competencies
- Professional Development Action Plan
- For the best viewing experience, use the Google Chrome browser.
- Use the OKey Login box to log in.
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.