Agronomy 101 (Staff) is a Course
Agronomy 101 (Staff)
Time limit: 120 days
Full course description
- Chrome is the preferred browser.
- Use the OKey Login box to log in.
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.
Public course is available on the OSU Extension Catalog.
In this course, we start to evaluate what crops are used for and how we divide these. The course also covers basic plant science principles including monocots and dicots, types of germination, flower (inflorescence) structures, and plant families.
This course is for OSU Extension staff professional development. Others should enroll at https://osuextension.catalog.instructure.com/
- Two hours total
- The course is divided into 4 modules which can be completed at your own pace.
- Each module should take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, you will be able to
- Differentiate between monocots and dicots
- Identify and differentiate inflorescence types
- Identify and differentiate different plant families
This is an asynchronous, self-paced, course. You will watch videos, engage in learning activities, and take quizzes.
- Plant Categorization
- Monocots and Dicots
- Inflorescence Parts
- Inflorescence Structures
Completing the Course
- To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn 80% on the Assessments.
- Once you have completed the course, you can print a certificate of completion.