Full course description
A Practical Guide to Parliamentary Procedure Online Course Overview
Parliamentary procedure is widely used, but it can seem overwhelming to learn. This course will take a highly practical approach to parliamentary procedure. You will study key terminology and the basics of parliamentary procedure, including making motions, voting, reports, and how to simplify your procedures to work for your group. The course features interactive learning activities and custom multimedia.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the meaning and key concepts of parliamentary procedure.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of and optional ways of using parliamentary procedure.
- Recognize and address common mistakes and misconceptions.
- Describe meeting organization basics and options.
- Demonstrate how to use motions in a meeting, how to handle reports, nominations and voting. >
You can work on this course any time, 24/7 for up to 60 days. You will watch videos, engage in learning activities and take quizzes. The course is divided into nine modules, which can be completed at your own pace. Each module should take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn at least 80% on all assessments. A certificate will be available to download after the course is completed.
Total Time Estimate: 4 hours
- What is Parliamentary Procedure?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Parliamentary Procedure
- Meeting Organization
- The Main Motion
- Other Types of Motions
- Handling Reports
- Simplified Parliamentary Procedures for Small Groups
- Common Misconceptions and Mistakes