Co-Parenting for Resilience (English version Spring 2023)
Time limit: 60 days
Full course description
Co-Parenting for Resilience Online Course Overview
Co-Parenting for Resilience classes from OSU Extension help the children of divorcing parents overcome the effects of divorce more quickly and is approved by the Oklahoma court system for most counties. No matter how agreeable and cooperative some parents may be, divorce is an emotionally charged process that often has unintended consequences. Research suggests that a three to four-hour class can help parents learn what behaviors to avoid and other things they can do to help their children through this process.
Important Legal Information
- You must register with your legal name.
- Please check with your judge or local court before registering for this class. Once the course fee has been paid, refunds will not be given due to a judge not accepting an online class.
- Visit this website to view all the guidelines for taking this course.
- This course is currently only available in English.
- Use the current version of Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Edge.
- First-time users will need to respond to an email that says "Please confirm your email".
- If you miss the email, resetting your password will also work.
- When logging in, use the Public Login option.
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the divorce process and the emotions and experiences of each person involved
- Explain how the parent-child relationship changes following divorce
- Discuss how children experience divorce, the effects of stress on children, and what they need to be successful
- Practice effectively talking to children about divorce
- Develop a co-parenting plan
- Practice using tools to manage conflict with your co-parent
- Recognize ways to help your children adjust to parent separation as well as transitioning between homes
- Identify family violence and when NOT to co-parent
You can work on this course any time, 24/7 for up to 60 days. You will watch videos, engage in learning activities and take quizzes. The course is divided into 7 modules, which can be completed at your own pace. Each module should take 20-30 minutes to complete.
To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn at least 80% on all assessments. A certificate will be available to download after the course is completed. Please allow up to 24 hours for your certificate to process.
Total Time Estimate: 4 hours
- Introduction to Co-parenting for Resilience
- Parental Stress Response
- Child Stress Response
- Adjusting to Divorce
- ABCs of Co-parenting
- Raising a Resilient Child
- Other Things to Consider