Full course description
HACCP Online Course Overview
This course is accredited by the International HACCP Alliance. The HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) Training online course will prepare you to efficiently implement, manage and create a HACCP plan in a food production setting.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain why HACCP is used in food production.
- Identify the seven Principles of HACCP and how to apply them.
- Recognize laws and regulations that must be followed to produce food products.
- Describe the best sanitation practices to be used to minimize contamination in a food product.
- Describe how to implement and manage a HACCP plan.
- Identify and control harmful bacteria from contaminated food products.
You can work on this course any time, 24/7 for up to 120 days. The course is divided into fifteen modules, which can be completed at your own pace. Each module should take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn at least 80% on all assessments. A certificate will be available to download after the course is completed.
Total Time Estimate: 7 hours
- Introduction to Food Safety
- Laws and Regulations
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Defining Process and Developing a Flow Chart
- Overview of Food Microorganisms
- The Seven HACCP Principles
- Implementation and Management
- For the best viewing experience, use the Google Chrome browser.
- First-time users will need to respond to a confirmation email from Canvas Catalog.
- When logging in, use the Public Login option (unless you have OKey credentials.)
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.
Oklahoma State University Extension reserves the right to modify online courses when necessary. If for any reason, a course or enrollment experience does not meet your expectations, please contact email@example.com.
To request a refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Refund decisions are subject to approval by the appropriate FAPC Workshop Program Leader. Because the university is on a monetary fiscal year beginning 1 July, refund requests after 15 June cannot be considered. Please allow 5 business days for a decision to be made and appropriate action to be taken.
Refunds will be subject to an administrative fee of $25.
Courses that reflect course participation or completion are non-refundable.