Understanding the Whole of County Government
Time limit: 60 days
Full course description
Understanding the Whole of County Government Online Course Overview
This interactive, self-paced online course will describe the history leading up to Oklahoma statehood and introduce you to the individuals who serve your county.
Oklahoma county government officials and the public are welcome to enroll.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the duties of Oklahoma's elected county officials.
- Describe the importance of many non-elected boards and offices in Oklahoma's counties.
- Understand how county government is funded.
You can work on this course any time, 24/7 for up to 60 days. If you do not complete the course within 60 days, you will be required to register again and pay the course fee again, and again have 60 days to complete it.
You will watch videos, engage in learning activities and take quizzes. The course is divided into seven modules, which can be completed at your own pace. Each module should take approximately 25 minutes to complete.
To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn at least 80% on all assessments. A certificate will be available to download after the course is completed.
Total Time Estimate: 3 hours
- History of Democracy
- Oklahoma's Road to Statehood
- Introduction to County Government
- Elected County Officials in Oklahoma
- Non-elected County Boards and Offices
- Checks and Balances
- For the best viewing experience, use the Google Chrome browser.
- First-time users will need to respond to a confirmation email from Canvas Catalog.
- When logging in, use the Public Login option (unless you have OKey credentials.)
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.