Full course description
Introduction to County Purchasing Online Course Overview
The course provides a brief review of the county purchasing process in the state of Oklahoma. The purchasing laws in the County Purchasing Act in Title 19 of the Oklahoma Statutes provide the foundation for the course. In addition, the purchasing laws that apply to counties for public construction contracts will be identified and described in accordance with the Public Competitive Bidding Act in Title 61 of the Oklahoma Statutes.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of the history and background of county purchasing.
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of county employees and state agencies in the county purchasing process.
- Recognize the basic forms needed for county purchasing activities.
- Identify the procurement methods and procedures provided for in the County Purchasing Act and Public Competitive Bidding Act.
- Describe the inventory tracking and disposal requirements.
You can work on this course any time, 24/7 for up to 60 days. You will engage in interactive learning activities and take quizzes. The course is divided into seven modules, which can be completed at your own pace. Each module should take approximately 25 minutes to complete.
To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn at least 80% on all assessments. A certificate will be available to download after the course is completed.
Total Time Estimate: 3 hours
- County Purchasing History
- Purchasing Functions in County Government/State Agencies
- County Purchasing Forms
- Purchasing Methods and Procedures
- Public Buildings and Public Works Projects
- Purchasing Situations
- Inventories of County Property
- For the best viewing experience, use the Google Chrome browser.
- First-time users will need to respond to a confirmation email from Canvas Catalog.
- When logging in, use the Public Login option (unless you have OKey credentials.)
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.